Make Your Own Chenille from Dritz Quilting is made of 100% cotton and comes in a roll of 5/8" wide bias cut fabric that is used to create chenille effects on a variety of quilting and sewing projects.
- Strips of the bias cut fabric are cut and stitched onto your project surface.
- After washing, drying and fluffing the project surface, the bias strips will look like chenille.
Use to create chenille effects on pillows, bedding, curtains, garments, bags and more!
- Cut two pieces of bias strip in the length required for your project.
- Place one strip on fabric wherever chenille effect is desired.
- Stitch straight down the center of the strip. For best results, stitch using a sewing machine.
- Place the second strip directly over top of first strip, and machine stitch down the center.
- For best results, machine wash the strips using cold water.
- If machine washing isn’t possible, wet the strip with plain water, either by submerging in sink or misting with a spray bottle. Make sure the strips are completely wet.
- Machine dry on a warm setting.
If a fluffier effect is desired, repeat steps 5 and 6 until your desired look is achieved!
Alternative Method – If another cycle of machine washing and drying isn’t possible, bias tape can also be brushed with a stiff nylon bristle brush, like a toothbrush or nail brush, until the desired effect is achieved.
Note: Results may vary if a High Efficiency Washing Machine is used. Because these machines use less water and energy, agitation is reduced and chenille effect may not be as noticeable after 1 or 2 washes. Additional repeat of steps may be needed.
You May Also Like