Whether you're a long-time quilter or just cut out your very first block, there are a couple of items that you absolutely NEED on hand. Sure, talent goes a long way when it comes to creating a beautiful quilt, but a lousy rotary cutter or set of machine needles can damage an otherwise beautiful piece in a split second! Or at the very least, it can make the creative process tedious and unpleasant. And really - what's the point if you're not loving (almost) every minute behind the sewing machine? Save time, money and energy by outfitting your quilting kit with only the best of the best. Not sure where to begin? Consider this your go-to shopping list for true and tested quilting favorites.
Use this tool to trim 60° points for exact seam allowances! Three seam sizes (scant, true, and generous) ensure that you get a perfect match to your personal 1/4" seam allowance every time. Having these different options is guaranteed to give you extra confidence at the sewing machine!
- Use to mark a scant 1/4" on any machine.
- Trim 60° ears for faster seams.
- 3 seam sizes - scant, true, and generous.
This handy tool is a complete game-changer in the sewing room! it provides precentages for reducing or enlarging patterns, saving quilters the work of having to calculate it themselves! Also, because it already provides the exact percentages for each pattern size, it helps to prevent pesky quilting mistakes!
- Includes percentages for converting measurements up to 24 inches.
- Provides a formula for calculating larger numbers.
- Contains 1 scale.
- Size: 4 1/2" x 6"
The Cutting Edge Quilting Rulers from Sullivans feature a patented design with a diamond carbide edge that sharpens rotary blades with every cut! These revolutionary rulers are marked with easy-to-read numbers, square-up guides, and diagonal dots that make lining up cuts quick and accurate. The fully frosted backing gives you the right amount of steadiness for cutting, but also allows you to slide the rulers when needed. The unique red grid system is designed to highlight the 1/2” markings which are there for you to "tuck" your block into. Use the inside edge of the red angle to cut squares and trim up blocks.
- The non-skid dots help to prevent the ruler from sliding.
- The diagonal has extra-large dots for fabric positioning.
- The large numbers are easy-to-see and never blend into the fabric.
- The very light 1/8” markings do not distract when using more common markings.
Use 505 Spray and Fix Temporary Adhesive for:
1. Raw edge appliqué when you are going to sew it in place.
2. Penny Rugs – spray the back side of wool shapes, place on background to Fix in place then use a blanket stitch around the edges for a permanent hold.
3. Baste your quilts – Spray the batting or the wrong side of the backing and top to layer your quilt.
4. When loading a quilt on a long arm machine, use 505 to hold the lead edge of the batting and top to the backing fabric. This way you only pin once along the lead edge.
5. Spray 505 on Embroidery stabilizer. Hoop your stabilizer, spray, and then stick the garment in place on top without hooping.
6. Use 505 to hold patches in place before stitching down.
7. Make fabric covered buttons by spraying the fabric then cover button form. Trim fabric and fold inside top. Apply button back. Fabric will not shift.
1. 505 contains neither acid nor water and so does not wet material.
Problems often experienced with other glues.
2. Because 505 is an easy to use spray adhesive, it is very economic and convenient.
3. The ‘low odor’ means that unlike many other adhesives, even when used in confined spaces 505 can be used with little or no discomfort.
4. 505 can if necessary be easily be removed by washing. Many other adhesives leave a sticky residue that is often difficult to remove.
5. 505 dries clear. Some other adhesives leave stains or marks on exposed surfaces.
6. Unlike many other adhesives, 505 is always effective providing just the correct amount of stickiness. Many other products give either insufficient or too much ‘hold’. 505 is proven in both domestic and industrial environments to provide the correct level of adherence thus avoiding the time wasting associated with pinning, tacking.
This OLFA® rotary cutter is a combination of comfort, convenience, strength and safety. Its ergonomic handle with anti-slip rubber grip eliminates hand fatigue and stress, while the squeeze trigger allows the blade to self-retract for safety. The cutter can handle up to six layers of thin materials. And the quick blade change feature won't slow down your project..
Good For: cutting strips and multiple layers at once. Cuts fabric, paper, tarp, vinyl, upholstery and more.
Grip It Gloves are designed with the free motions quilter in mind. Cool and comfortable with a soft, flexible fingertip grip that gives full control with less resistance and drag on fabric. The form-fitting seamless design allows you to keep the Grip It Gloves on while changing threads, adjusting fabrics, cutting with scissors, and adding or removing pins.
Use with Silicone Spray (item:100946) to make your surface slippery, allowing your fabric to sail over the surface smoothly with no friction or lint build up while you sew.
- Highly breathable 100% polyester liner gloves with a flexible polyurethane fingertip coating.
- Enhanced hand and wrist support helps to reduce fatigue and tension while working.
- Ideal for free motion quilting, sewing, crafting, scrapbooking, and more.
- Lint and excess fabric dye may accumulate on the fingertip coating with prolonged use. To renew grip, gently rub oil soap on the coating, then wash according to care instructions.